1. We are what we believe
- Whatever our decision is, we become a product of that
- If we decide to think positively we will be positive but if we decide to think negative, you will be negative. It is your choice.
- This also applies to who you hang out with, if you hang out with people who like a particular style of clothes, you will also be drawn to it too.
- If you want to change, it’s about how you think
– E.g. if you think that this person if good, you would want to be friends with them and you produce the fruit of our relationship with them.
2. Have the right response/call of action
- Numbers 13:31 – Moses called by God to appoint twelve people, one person from each tribe to spy into the promised land. 14 days later the spies came back. The spies said that the land and the people are huge but they are they seemed like grasshoppers. But the two spies Joshua and Caleb reported back to Moses saying that the land is filled with milk and honey and they can defeat them.
- What makes a lion so powerful is not because it is the biggest, fastest or strongest animal, but its mentality. The same goes for our life when we are about to encounter a problem we think we cannot defeat. We’ve lost before we’ve even tried.
3. Creativity >< Convention
- If you don’t believe in yourself it can be very dangerous; your mind can make you feel big, or you can make you feel small.
- Who will win? An army of lions led by sheep, or an army of sheep led by a lion?
- Don’t tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is
- Your life will change the moment you tell yourself you can do it.
- The Israelites had left Egypt physically, but Egypt was still inside them. Sometimes we dwell in the negatives of the past or hold grudges even though those problems have already left us.
- Philippians 4:8
- Sometimes we meditate too much on negative things, or work, or school – but we don’t meditate on things that are praise worthy. We shouldn’t worry about negative things because when we focus on praiseworthy things, we will grow from those problems.
- Don’t give your problems the power to take over your life.
4. Leaders are born [Attitude + Ability = leader]
- Change the way you think. It’s all about the attitude of a good mindset.
- Caleb reported to the Israelites that they should go up at once and take possession of the land for they were well able to take over.
- Leaders are the ones who think differently, they aren’t followers.
- We are all leaders in Christ.
- Just like the lion and the elephant, the lion is the king of the jungle because of his attitude and mindset.
- Every time there is a problem = it is an opportunity to grow
- Don’t keep complaining about your problem because you’re giving power to it.